Friday 4 October 2013

MDF sets Christmas samples part 2




Hello everyone.... sorry about the delay for this section, had a bit of a deadline to deal with...in the finishing off of the Studio and once I get the delivery of the last lot of furniture for the studio... I can then start moving in, and I shall be showing you all the build step by step on the new Blog ...comming soon,

today's selection are from both shows as before all using the MDF sets and the usual bits and bobs....


 Shepards and stars this time with Stencil paint on a crackle background, but gilded with gunmetal in areas to give extra demension once the paint was dry, star with either gold or Champagne Sp/M...mounted onto card then punched holes for hanging...
 I think this is one of my favorites and definately will do another for myself .Paint and Crackle the open frame on both sides, using Hunter green or golden pine and leaf flourishs stencil again both sides so allow plenty of time to dry the first side,before doing the second....smudge n edge with the same colours of paint then the Sp/M. then simply stipple  the same colour on the tree probably better to have many thin layers than spreading the whole thing with a spatular, it also dries better......to finish punch hole for the hanging ribbon.
 Similar again but using the backing MDF piece this time added mica and seal it with hair spray before adding the smudge and stipling tech around the edges . This time I utteed the bauble after painting it cream and added mica before debossing into it, once a little cooler brush mica and buff it whow..... beautiful effects !!!!  once really cool add a little detail here and there to finish  add ribbond and hang...
 This one again is having fun with papers, die cuts, stencil, and stamping. The Bauble is free hanging from the leaves that again were covered with papers and edged....
 I adore this Stunning Christmas Visitor's book the covers were all as above but instead of using wire's to bind it I used this lovely gold ribbon from Fantastic Ribbons, as is where 95% of my ribbons I use is from.
 This charming little hanging calender would make a great gift, on grey crackle background and using the Daisy frame Stencil and Gunmetal Sp/M, create the next layer both the flower and the butterfly were de- bossed with mica and utee and a rose in the center really finishes the look this would work well like the next one on a mini easel....
 I can see so many possibilities using this Mini easels and I have a box full to use.....this time with the leaf flourishes I've used Jade and Teal Sp/M, in a duo technique and again used both in the smugding around the edges, I punched the hole to thread the small tassel and added a chinese coin to the knott...

And lastley today this Calender the backing was painted in a marbling Technique with leaf flourishes and Mink Sp/M.. die cut leaves painted and smuged flowers with my favorite roses from www.thehobbyhouse.co.uk  in the centers..The only thing you can't see here is that the butterfly is on wire and therefore bounces and moves.... really cool effect....

well that's it for today next will be the new style of Stamps Butterfly Garden and Staburst Garden, again I have so many samples in this section I'm going to them over a couple of days and I want to finish with a full workshop to show you how to used these stamps they way they are meant to be used...

So will see you soon happy Crafting   Jayne x




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Jayne. So versatile, you can create so many different looks.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mags, I shall be doing more of these with different sets soon Jayne x

    ReplyDelete