Thursday 17 October 2013

Christmas Decoupage 2013...Letter to Santa

Hello to you all, today we are looking at another of this year's Christmas Decoupage 2013 Stamp Sets....Letter to Santa although I think there is a name change to Boy and Sleigh, Again 2 samples to different looks....


 The first layered as a window coloured with tombow pens and then I've covered the snow area with the White fluffy Stuff and adding glitter while wet then when you puff it up it looks like frosting, I've then layered onto red card and then onto Blue snow patterned card stock. wrapped and tied a bow and put the greeting over the ribbon on the right hand side.while colouring I did try to match the blues so you get some colour continuity.....
and the 2nd.... before colouring find the papers you want to use and match the colours, I very often do the planning this way, these papers are from the Forever Friends range Design Stax Kraft notes FFS 160115, then using the colours from the papers match with Copics this time , I've layered twice but this time the frame is flat , by cutting along the bottom edge you can reposition the next layer in it so it's still within the frame and then layered the boy by putting him on his Sleigh, to finish I've used Detail Diamond Sparkle over the snow areas and on the border to give a little sparkle here and there.....this time I've punched holes in the greeting tag and threaded the ribbon through before attaching to the card...

thank you for dropping by ...another tomorrow till then Happy Crafting  Jayne x

1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely stamp Jayne. Great tip about sorting the papers first. I try to do this as well. Helps with colour matching.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete