Saturday 14 September 2013

Thank You

Hello everyone, First of all I would like to say thank you for all your private messages of concern, support and indeed Job offers…… I will get back to you all individually…eventually…. but I wanted you all to know that I received them upon my return from my extended visit in Italy, not only did we go to Lake Como & Milan me for painting and Mike for the Formula 1, held in Monza over the weekend and then due to the circumstances, Mike surprised me with a 3 day hop off in VENICE, whow !!!!! what a place….sooo beautiful …so many things to paint so little time …I did manage to get some sketches done, of  which I will share with you  once tweaked at little and scanned,

Again thank you, I’m fine and no thank you for the job offers, I made the final decision as I said before is based on my Personal, Family and Friend commitments, As some of you may or may not know I have an elderly mother at the grand age of 96 tomorrow, and I feel I need to spend more time with her…. Happy Birthday for tomorrow Mum, see you in the morning, and to return in more depth to my Painting of which some I shall share on the new blog…. ‘Art Trails’, ‘All thing Arty’, name not there yet….

You can’t imagine how I feel to leave my designs both Stamps and Stencils alike, that was a very hard decision to make, but I do hope you will continue to enjoy playing with them in the future…

And so …..it’s time for me to re-group, re-charge, finish the nearly completed Studio build for an Art Studio now not as a craft studio as I was intending to use it for, although there may be a fair amount of that going on for personal use.

Just before I go today I’ll add some samples below in a little more detail from the show last Wednesday from the MDF PAINT  section,


MDF Paint



Diamond Hanger with Satrburst




Christmas Tree on swirly border


Nativity Hanger


Shepard's Hanger


Rose heart Plaque
These were all painted and crackled and then I have used different stencils to achieve different looks. I love the Hangers they would be great for Christmas decorations that can be used years after year, great as gifts too...I've used Sparkle medium in several ways to show the versatility Sponging,stippling where i need more cover over and around edges and very often I use the puffa glitters to enhance the sparkle, The gunmetal sp/m goes really well with the paint used it has the same tonal value so will compliment the colours. Crackle paint is great fun to use just remember depending what you want the end colour to be ,use the opposite colour for the base.. and once you have the crackle Medium on and dry ready to paint the last coat, be bold don't mess around get the paint on it doesn't matter that some areas are better than others as you will do the 'finishing touches' on the edges, and don't try to recover straight away as the will smudge it...it's far better to be quick so have plenty of paint on your brush and go for it . you will then see the cracks appearing almost immediately, great fun and every one of the turns out differently..

More soon   Jayne xx

No comments:

Post a Comment